This training course in “Montessori Educational Method” aims to develop in students professional competences as future teachers of the Montessori Method to children from 1/2 to 6 years of age. Participants will learn more about Montessori, approaches to providing a Montessori inspired learning environment and how to use her methods and techniques. This course includes practical lessons, seminars, field works, thinking tools, technical visits, and conferences with experts.
- To give participants an adequate grounding in the Montessori principle and philosophy.
- To understand child psychology and child development
- To value the teaching aids developed by Maria Montessori
- To learn the Montessori environment and the role of a Montessori director.
- To stimulate moral and ethical education
In the framework of Erasmus + Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both formal and informal education methodologies. We will start with an introduction of the new methodology and with a theoretical approach. In order to stimulate the active participation of them we will use dynamic activities, like:
- Study cases
- Discussions in the classroom with directors of private institutes
- Technical visits to schools for first hand experience
- INTRODUCTION: Main ideas of Montessori Pedagogy.
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT THEORY: Stages.
- MONTESSORI METHOD VALUES: “NORMALIZATION”.
- Materials: How to get them.
- Practice: Design and organize a Montessori classroom.
TRADITIONAL SYSTEM VS MONTESSORI METHOD.
MONTESSORI FOR INTELLECTUAL GIFTED CHILDREN.
ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS AND OTHER OPTIONS IN SPAIN. Main differences between Reggio Emilia and Montessori.
MONTESSORI IN SPAIN:
- Asociación Montessori Española (AME).
- How to become a guide or assistant.
- How to take part as school in AME.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Cosmic Education. 5 Great Lessons.
DEBATE: MONTESSORI METHOD CRITICISM
- Not enough interaction: lack of socialization.
- What happens after Montessori?
- No time for childhood.
- Too much structure.
- Elitist? Prices for enrolling and becoming a guide in Spain.
MONTESSORI IN THE WORLD TODAY:
- Humanitarian work abroad.
- Montessori for current business demands.